Do you have a friend who, like me, is obsessed with all things British? Did they host a Royal Wedding party or have they watched Bridget Jones 100 times? Do they have a Union Jack tattoo, swear they’re destined to end up with Prince Hary and tear up at God Save the Queen? This gift guide is perfect for that Anglophile in your life – who, like me, is an American yearning to be a little bit more of a Londoner.
1. This coffee table book “London: Portrait of a City” is a classic with beautiful photography chronicling London from the Victorian age to the present.
2. A cute London city scene pillow from Pottery Barn.
3. Tea straight from the storied Fortnum and Mason. This British department store has a legendary tea room, and luckily for us Yanks (god I’m embarrassing), it’s available online. I don’t even really like tea, yet I still want some of the pretty packaging.
4. A UNION JACK FRAMED PHOTO OF A CORGI.
5. Notting Hill. I meannnn, come on, it’s Hugh Grant at his most self deprecating and charming. There go my ovaries.
6. Some tube station artwork. I may be romanticizing London (guilty), but I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed public transportation until I rode the underground.
7. “Born at Buckingham Palace” tee from Wildfox. I wish.
8. Some classic Hunter Wellies. I even bought Wellies when I lived in LA during an EXTREME drought. I eventually came to my senses and returned them, but they’re that chic.
9. A Temperley London candle set from Caroline Stanbury’s (the best lady on Ladies of London) Gift Library of course.
Not included: a first class ticket and London and visa to stay as long as I’d like – a girl can dream.